页面

9/11/2013

Welcome to My Blog

Hello! My name is Jing Tian. I'm an exchange graduate student from Qingdao,China. I'm majoring in Chinese Philology, which is a combined major of Chinese Linguistics and Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Language. I love reading, but all the English literature works I have read are translated versions. Thanks to this literature class, I start to force myself to read original English literature works. It is hard for me, but I have a lot of fun in reading.

In this blog, I'm going to introduce two famous Chinese American writers—Maxine Hong Kingston and Amy Tan. I’ll discuss the female-centered themes and cultural diversity of their masterpieces The Woman Warrior and The Joy Luck Club, and explain some culture related customs and folktales which are mentioned in this two works.

The first time I heard Amy Tan is in my literature class 5 years ago, when our teacher showed us the movie The Joy Luck Club. I found the links of the movie in Youtube, and put it in my blog. Now we can start my blog journey from enjoying this movie >>>>>
 


Part 1
Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment